Saturday, July 15, 2006

Announcements

Realizing that the list of completed critiques at Evil Editor's Gallimaufry wasn't all that useful, I've added the genre of each book. Now if someone wants to take a look at queries in one genre, they're easily found. An inaccurate count shows we have about 21 romances, 29 fantasies, 26 mainstream, 15 thrillers, 11 mysteries, 11 children/YA, 3 nonfiction, and a play.

Is it worth the trouble to create a Guess the Plot for the earlier queries that never got one? Those who've read the query already (and remember it) would know the answer. On the other hand, some people enjoy writing the fakes, and during periods when few queries are coming in, there's not much action. And new minions won't have read the early critiques. Then again, maybe new minions don't go all the way back to the beginning anyway. Comments?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the beginning! I read EVERYTHING!!! And I laughed myself silly!!! Of course, this made a lot of people to look at me funny because my only internet access is in a cafeteria...

Anonymous said...

I agree with minion 1555. We should cover them all.

By the way, It's been a month and I still break out in laughter everytime I recall one of the "Fear Sweeney" fake plots. It was something like "Life was good for the erotic superhero. Cool costume, reasonable hours. If only they could remember his name. "People, for the last time, the name is 'Fierce Weenie!'".

As time goes by I am coming to realize that this might be the single funniest thing I've ever seen.

none said...

Why not do Guess the Title? Mini plots for the queries that went before, and the idea is to match them to the title. Might encourage new minions to at least glance in the archives.

Beautiful Food Gardens said...

No science fiction??

Evil Editor said...

SF, fantasy and horror are grouped together. As are mainstream with literary fiction , and thriller with suspense.

Anonymous said...

EE hasn't had any 'bad' ideas yet... just evil ones.

I'm game.

Anonymous said...

Should we send in more queeries, then? I do have a work, dedicated to EE... How does one queery an ode?

Feisty said...

There are periods without queries coming in? I'm aghast!

I'm sorry that you have such quiet moments. But I don't think I'd dare send you one of my queries.

Anonymous said...

Is that a freudian slip eunich? Or, am I that bad at spelling.

Anonymous said...

re: Anon with 'freudian slip'. Can you blame me? All those cherries... and me without... the picker?

(sighes, and goes back to that love poem for the great E)

Anonymous said...

Your crackin' me up. Stop it, eunuch. My sides are hurting. -JTC

Anonymous said...

(Takes a worried look at JTC. Shakes head.)

You know, that was exactly where it hurt before THEY got to me...

(Tries to slip away unnoticed, while looking around, and banging head into a wall... OUCH.)