Sunday, July 02, 2006

Evil Editor's Critique Partner Matchmaking Service


Need a critique partner to run your novel past? Willing to give as good as you get? Have you submitted a query to Evil Editor? If the answers are Yes, Yes, Yes, reply with the title of your book and your email address. I'll put together a list of the titles. You'll then check out the queries, and decide which ones you'd like to read. If there's mutual admiration, I'll get you together. If you've submitted a query that hasn't yet been critiqued, you may still participate.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear EE,
I think this is a good idea. May I suggest that those of us seeking a match be allowed to specify synopsis or xx,000 page (genre) novel? Some of us may need help with synopses, others with the novel itself. Some of us may be willing to critique a synopsis, rather than a full novel. just an idea.

Anonymous said...

This is the coolest idea that I have ever heard.

Yves, I nominate you for sainthood.

I withdrew my query letter, but I'd welcome the chance to help somebody else out to the best of my ability.

Anonymous said...

Is this is one shot thing? I mean, are we stuck with whomever EE assigns, or can we change partners? Could this be Evil Editor's Swinging Critique Partner Matchmaking Service?

Evil Editor said...

If, after reading two or three chapters of the book you said you would want to read, you decide you were mistaken, you may back out. If you choose to continue, you commit yourself to the whole book.

Anonymous said...

Swinging, huh?

Maybe I'll submit my query letter after all...