Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Next Line 12

Soren, a R&D engineer, and Shani, a scramjet pilot, are making out in her office behind a closed door.

THWAP THWAP

"Two hours to pre-flight!" a baritone voice said.

Soren and Shani sprang apart, looking at each other guiltily. "Bastard," Shani muttered under her breath. "I've got a clock in here, James!" she shouted. "I know what time it is!"

James's chortle came through the door clearly. "Just didn't want you getting wrapped up in something."

"I can see your smirk in here," Shani retorted.

More laughter, multiple voices. Soren turned bright red and buried his face in the crook of his arm.

"I'll be there!" Shani shouted. "Jeez!"

The voices moved away; Soren breathed a sigh of relief.

"You OK?" Shani asked.

"I will be," he said, fighting the blush.

"Well, it's not like we're a secret," she pointed out.

"No, not since you got tanked and played cave woman at the Christmas party!"

"Well, you wouldn't pick me up!"

"Not in front of everybody!"

Shani laughed. "Wimpy engineer boy. It's not that hard. Here, let me show you again."

Soren let out a yelp and dodged around the desk. "No! I don't need to be bench pressed again!"

"Awh, come on. Please?"

"No!"

Shani slid her palms slowly forward on the desk between them. "Come on, you know you want to. We've still got time for a nice quick clean and jerk."


Dialogue: Gerri Baxter.....The Next Line: Robin S.

No comments: