Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Contest Results


Okay, it wasn't really a contest, but there were so few attempts to provide Guess the Plots for Real Books, I've decided to choose one winner for each book and be done with it:


Bet Me

Bill looked at the four Jacks in his hand, and at the rugged cowboy across the table. He had nothing else to wager until his girlfriend whispered in his ear, "Bet me."

The Door Into Summer

Summer knew she was having a lot of operations lately, but she really didn't appreciate her surgeon's new time-saving innovation.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

A hardcore ballet instructor teaches Detroit's star running back about life, love, and the pursuit of proper accessories.

The League of Frightened Men

Sick of the over-courageous heroics of the world's standard superheroes, Mr. Timorous, Phobiaman, Captain France and The ScaredyCat team up to fight evil--as long as it doesn't make any loud noises.

Portnoy's Complaint

He doesn't care how many times they put him on hold; Dan Portnoy is determined to tell off his cell phone provider, or die trying.

12 comments:

none said...

Damn, I was still trying to think of something...it's the heat.

Door into Summer is a great book, though.

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

Bet Me - hell yeah. You can use me to raise.

Loved Portnoy, too. Ain't it the truth.

Feisty said...

Hey, these are good!

Daisy Bateman said...

Yay! I won!

Next time I'm going for the sweep.

pacatrue said...

Big fan of the Narnia one. Barry Sanders needs to accessorize.

Stacia said...

Damn, I was still trying to think of something...it's the heat.


Me too, Buffysquirrel. No a/c in summer makes me very not happy.

Anonymous said...

I had a really clever comment on the previous post, but I missed the word verification. Rats.

Anonymous said...

Loved the Bet Me fake plot!

Anonymous said...

The League of Frightened Men gets my vote, no contest.

Bernita said...

All made me smile.

Anonymous said...

"Captain France"...

Ouch!

HawkOwl said...

Yeah, "Captain France" is priceless.