Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Brenda Novak Juvenile Diabetes Auction . . .

. . . has requested that I once again participate (actually, anyone can participate, but previous participants get contacted). I'll have several "items" up for bid again, but whether I should again offer "Your book discussed in an Evil Editor Book Chat" I leave up to those of you who regularly attend the chats. (I would offer the August chat and switch our currently scheduled August book to November.) I would also specify that the book must be a novel, and published, and easily obtained. None of this guarantees everyone will like the book, however, so are you willing to risk it to put an extra whatever into the coffers? I can easily come up with another idea if you feel life's too short to be reading a book Evil Editor didn't hand pick for you.

4 comments:

none said...

I think it would be great to offer this again. Shame we can't stipulate that the author show up, though!

(and I don't object to non-fiction; I read a lot of that as it happens)

Robin B. said...

I'd go again for a book if, as buff said, the author(s) show(s) up. I don't suppose that could actually be a stipulation, though?

And it would be fun to see what you're gonna offer up this year.

talpianna said...

How about a friendship bracelet woven from hairs from your muttonchops?

Sylvia said...

I'm more than happy to read a book for charity.