Friday, October 12, 2007

Writing Exercise

Below are three fake plots that appeared here about six months ago. Write a 200ish-word scene inspired by one of them. Or all of them. Deadline noon eastern Saturday. Include a name if you want credit.




Down-and-out tramp Artie McFink hasn't eaten in days. Then he discovers he can do that Jedi mind trick. Join him as he tours New York’s finest restaurants.

Mallory thinks that she has found the man of her dreams, until Bill's romantic moonlit proposal turns into Mallory's nightmare. A sapphire? What, is he kidding?


Wisecracking PI Dirk Beefhead hasn't had a case in months when "it" walks into his office. Sure, it was probably sent to Earth to destroy mankind. But the rent wasn't gonna pay itself.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Ah ha! I recognize one of my own here. (At least, I think I do. Dirk Beefhead, if memory serves.) Too bad I won't have time to write a scene by the deadline.

Sigh. That's what working 3rd shift will do.