Guess the Plot
1. Snow White's stepmother tells all, in this steamy tale of jealousy, make-up, and gardening. Not to mention, the seven little men.
2. Lorraine spends six hours in the fun house, gazing at the mirror that makes her look skinny.
3. Lois is in love with Brad, but Brad says he only has eyes for the face he sees in the magic mirror. Lois walks out, not bothering to point out that there's nothing magic about Brad's mirror.
4. Fraternal twins Johnny and Jenny never had the close bond that each thought their twinship mandated. Johnny's surgery is going to change that situation, and lead to a shocking and surprising aftermath.
5. Psychic twin detectives Mercedes and Lourdes are on the trail of a criminal who kidnaps pregnant women, performs C-sections on them, and steals their babies.
6. At the Future-View Barber Shop, customers can see what they'll look like in five minutes, thanks to the time-mirror. When Paul sees his head missing from his neck, he begins to understand why there's a meat cleaver in among this barber's combs and scissors.
I am seeking representation for my paranormal romance/suspense novel, Mirror, Mirror complete at 70,000 words.
Someone is kidnapping pregnant at-term women and after performing a C-section and taking their baby, returns the women near their home with no memory of their ordeal. [New York Post headline:
Toby the OB strikes again!
Fed's Serial OB-GYN Task Force Brought In.]
Could this be the perfect crime? [Well, it's a little messy, and you have to sell a lot of babies before you even get back what you spent on six years of med school and your mobile operating room, but beyond that, yeah, it's perfect.] [Actually, the guy would probably make more money if he just started a mobile C-section business. You go into labor, phone Birth Bus Delivery Service, twenty minutes later a minivan pulls into your driveway and Hannibal Lecter performs your C-section on the fold-down back seat.] [After which he eats the placenta with a side order of fava beans.] [Eeewww!] [Evil Editor recommends against Googling "Placenta Recipes."] No photos of the baby, no prints, no blood work. And no one has ever seen the babies but the psychopath that is committing these crimes. [This is a romance novel? It's sounding more like a gross-out slasher horror movie.]
Private Investigator Mercedes Alexander is hired by a high profile Philadelphia businessman to find his pregnant wife who went missing on a shopping trip during their vacation in the Pocono's. [The serial killer obstetrician operates out of the Poconos? I get it, he steals babies from the wealthy, and sells them to the poor in inner-city Philadelphia. He's the Robin Hood of serial killer obstetricians.] After meeting with the [hunky] Sheriff, Jaxton Lane, Mercedes finds he doesn't have a single lead, but Mercedes has an advantage over him. She and her pregnant twin and partner Lourdes Alexander, are psychic. [Oh, goody, psychic twin detectives! Evil Editor was beginning to worry that this was just a run-of-the-mill serial killer obstetrician novel, with nothing to distinguish it from other serial killer obstetrician novels.]
As Mercedes and Jax rush to find the psychopath before he steals another baby, they are drawn closer and closer to his evil mind and to each other. Finally a tiny clue that Mercedes almost misses, [A local couple has been receiving two semi-truck loads of Pampers every week.] leads her to the kidnapper, but not before Lourdes is almost killed. [And not before Mercedes and the sheriff fall madly in love, no doubt.] [Mercedes and Lourdes? Who named these kids, their mother, Moon Unit Zappa?]
A synopsis and sample chapters are available. Thank you for your kind time and attention.
Someone is kidnaping pregnant at-term women and releasing them after they've given birth--but keeping the babies.
Private Investigator Mercedes Alexander is hired by a high profile Philadelphia businessman to find his pregnant wife, who went missing on a shopping trip during their vacation in the Poconos. The Sheriff, Jaxton Lane, doesn't have a single lead, but Mercedes has an advantage over him. She and her pregnant twin and partner, Lourdes Alexander, are psychic.
As Mercedes and Jax rush to find the psychopath before he steals another baby, they are drawn closer and closer to his evil mind--and to each other. Finally a tiny clue that Mercedes almost misses, reveals the kidnaper's identity. But can Mercedes get to him before he gets to Lourdes?
I am seeking representation for my paranormal romance/suspense novel, Mirror, Mirror complete at 70,000 words. A synopsis and sample chapters are available. Thank you for your time and attention.
Evil Editor has attempted to make the query letter sound less preposterous. It falls upon the author to do the same for the book itself.
It seems a lot of people have found some reason to create right-side margins by hitting the return key. If you feel some need to do this, please hit the spacebar before hitting the return key, so that when Evil Editor pastes your letter into blogger, he doesn't have to put spaces between your words.