Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Q & A 1 Where should the title be?


Where should the title of the book be? There are those queries that start with...I'm submitting my 26,785K fiction novel, DULL AND SNORING. But then there is the 'open with a hook' school of thought. Are we to be happy hookers, or business in the front and party in the back, or is there a secret to combining the two?

Evil Editor admits that he enjoys a compelling hooker (as long as it's one that grabs him quickly and doesn't let go too fast), and even enjoys the occasional party in the back; the truth is, it should go wherever you can slide it in most smoothly.

9 comments:

Sonja Foust said...

Rock. That was the best Q&A ever.

Patrice Michelle said...

EE's double entendre Q&A. That's great!

Anonymous said...

Oh (passt hey?) Patrice? That terrible joke query Evil got was actually my quite serious (well, kinda...) effort. So I've already joined in. Unfortunately now that this has happened...

Miss Snark posted about Evil. He's bound to get buried now At least we were able to get our queries in and get them critiqued. It'll be a lot more difficult now, although it also means he's more likely to stick around and keep going.

Evil's a celebrity

(that's a copy/paste from somewhere else) (kudos to you, Mildly Evil. A tag from Miss Snark!)

I'm glad we did get in while we did. Evil (notice I left off the mildy part?) is going to get buried under an avalanche of hits.

Rudy Doyle said...

oh poor naive me....didn't even see the double entendre until I read the comments....brilliant by the way!!

Anonymous said...

wah...ok, let's do that again. wah. I kind of liked it better when you only had a er...smaller following. I just got back from the post on which you had twenty-nine comments. (sigh.) It's great that you were inundated. (hey, I called that...before I went backwards and read it in fact) But it kind of takes the (I'm looking for a good word here) impromtu nature of your blog over to the realm of Miss Snark.

none said...

What do you mean, vultures?

:)

Tawny Taylor said...

LOLOL! I think our sexy queries are rubbing off on Evil :)

Patrice Michelle said...

Another double entendre, Tawny? LMAO!!

If Mr. Evil Editor doesn't edit romance...or erotic romance...the poor man must be dying (read: having a helluva ball) with these query letters.

Rhonda Helms said...

LOL - I second the opinion about best Q&A ever...tee hee!