Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Q & A 26 Query Music


What ditties comprise the Evil Editor's Top 25 All Time Greatest Songs list? Please share--my ipod needs an Evil Editor playlist.

Evil Editor considered answering snidely, with the following list of title-appropriate songs:


Everyone Needs an Editor ... Mates of State
The Query ........................... Naca7
Please Buy Me ..................... HRT
Dead Letter Blues ................ Johnny O'Neal
Fat Chance ...........................Phoebe Snow
Forget About It ................... Alison Krauss
You've Got to be Kidding ..... Graham Parker
Evil Me ................................St. Madness
What Do You Really Want? .. Snark

But knowing many of his minions are looking for every possible edge, he has posted his playlist at www.EvilEditor.net .

By the way, while checking on the singer of "The Query," I noticed another song on ITunes entitled "Ad Query." It's short enough that you can listen to the entire thing without having to buy it. Your chance to beat the system.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack! Now I have Black Magic Woman in my head, and it won't get out of there! I'll be singing it for days.


-DJT

Anonymous said...

Oh, not "Proofreading Woman" by The Wrockers? ;-)

michael gavaghen said...

Joan Baez, Judy Collins AND Carole King? I suspect EE was once an early-seventies "sensitive" guy, who became evil only after he realized the Jackson Browne / Kris Kristofferson routine wasn't getting any action.

(Good to see Layla on there, though. And Point Blank was a GREAT selection.)

Anonymous said...

EE, I was pleasantly surprised to see Marty Robbins on your list. However, I am devastated that you do not have at least one Black Sabbath song on there. -JTC

none said...

Yes, there are better songs, and funnier songs, but these songs are the ones that, if you write your queries while listening to them, guarantee editors will request partials.

I wrote a short story once while listening to the Verve's The Drugs Don't Work over and over and over again and yet I have never been able to sell it. Strange!

What should I have been listening to?

Evil Editor said...

The problem wasn't the song, the problem was, the drugs did work.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't include "Paperback Writer."

Benja Fallenstein said...

I don't know. I think that "I've Got a Question" or "Stupid People" might just be even more appropriate choices of songs by Snark.