Monday, April 21, 2014

Practice Query #7


I’d like to tell you about my Urban Fantasy novel, Guardian of the Lost Parakeet (185,000 words in three parts). In my research and pursuit of the genetics of parakeets, I’ve found that own one and share an interest.

When Perry Twitter, a former astronaut and test pilot, returns to Denver after his six month stint on the ISS, he discovers that he can understand the language of his pet parakeets Kiwi and Budge thanks to a stray cosmic ray that altered his genetic structure while on his last assignment, the ISS.

Unknown to any man and most of the governments of the world, parakeets and their enforcers, the secret Brotherhood of Werewolves, rule the world. However, the Malevolent Murder of Crows is challenging the parakeets power over the peoples of the world. Their only salvation is a prophecy that the chosen one, the Perspicacious Panjandrum, will rise form the mundane humans to defeat the murderous crows, acting as the amphotericin B of the human race. However, the Malevolent Murder of Crows are not only using fungal spores to sicken mankind but have enlisted the aid of a Cult of Vampires who have been lying dormant since the Inquisition staked their bloodthirsty hearts to their coffins.

Perry’s initial attempts at revealing the plot gets him crowned King of Comedy Night at the Fun Palace and a $500 award for the best Kevin McCarthy imitation. Proving the plot to the procrastinating world powers requires a leap of faith. Since the Malevolent Murder of Crows is rapidly spreading disease across the world, Perry has only a scant few days to physically join with the parakeets as the prophesied Savior-To-Be-Chosen-One. In his kitchen sink, Perry begins his first molt which will result in his ascending to the heavens giving him the power to defeat the crows and their evil allies, the vampires.

Guardian of the Lost Parakeet is a first novel and is written as emails and tweets. I’d be happy to send you a partial or complete copy of the manuscript for your review.


--Dave F.

8 comments:

IMHO said...

"acting as the amphotericin B of the human race"

LOL! This is a great parody of 'chosen one' paranormal-thrillers!

Unknown said...

That Perry has perspicacity!

Kregger said...

Whoa, Dave, whoa!

No, I mean stop, please?

You're making my eyes hurt.

LMAO

fairyhedgehog said...

I never knew we needed more parakeets but now I can't wait to read this.

Dave Fragments said...

I threw in werewolves and vampires!
It has the kitchen sink!
And thanks, I had fun writing it.

khazar-khum said...

ART, man. This is ART. Right down to the ISS.

CavalierdeNuit said...

Yes. This is perfect and I want to read it.

Apologies for being MIA, but I've been traveling for work lately. I am back and will submit a practice query soon (or kwieeerieee as I like to spell it).

Whirlochre said...

Thnaks to you, I now squawk at random on buses.