Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bad Query 7

Dear Wonderful Agent Man:

I'm enclosing the query for my children fiction fictional novel, "The Sunshine Kids Make Money."

As a child in Santa Monica, Ca, I often saw people at the beach. I longed to help them but with my working at my parents' T shirt business I was forced to watch while they wrinkled and shriveled, and while the beach patrons sizzled in the sun.

I currently work at the Children's Library as an unpaid aide. I wrote my story while in the library. You can see it at my website, where it links to my blog where I tweet during the night. I have permitted many of the local children to read it, and they love it as it speaks to their current lifeways. My manager and coworkers all love it too. They say I will be the next Judy Blume.

Sincerely,

Ms Moonwymyn

--Khazar-khum

6 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

This one was made me smile. I like the children's fiction fictional novel.

Sarah Laurenson said...

So many little gems make this sparkle!

Dave Fragments said...

Tight, taut and focused on the most important person there is... ME!

Nice, nice.

Xiexie said...

I didn't even see "fictional" on the first read.

I guest my mind made it a repeated and therefore deleted word.

I think I like Ms. Moonwymyn

Jeb said...

Her parents may have been a smidge too involved in the 60's beach culture while pregnant.

(ps - I adore this exercise! Writing badly is such fun, and reading deliberately bad writing is an equivalent pleasure... at least in small manageable bites)

Rick Daley said...

I heard that Judy Blume was the first Khazar-khum