Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bad Query 6

Dear Evil Editor:

I am seeking representation for my 234,987 word fictional first novel. I am a housewife and mother who prefers longer books, and I find that books longer than 230,000 words are just about right. Anything shorter than 100000 words seems to be missing some meat to the story while anything over 250000 is a lot to work with. But 230000 is as perfect a length ad you can find.

I reached the exact word count by using my Word Processor software's Properties tags for each chapter. Then when I finished I bundled all the chapters together in a single file (ha ha) and ran Properties again. It gave me the precise figure of 234, 987 which is the word count of my novel that I am submitting to you.

Thank You

--Khazar-khum

3 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Quantity is definitely underrated in bookselling! Nice one.

Sarah Laurenson said...

You make every word count!

Ha!

Dave Fragments said...

THat's short, concise and to the point but I fear something is missing. Good stuff.