Well, not so much popular demand as the fact that we're running low on openings. Henceforth you may submit not just openings and chapter openings, but also excerpts from anywhere in your novel or short story. Here's the run-down:
1. The excerpt should be 150 - 200 words. If it's longer, expect to see it shortened.
2. The excerpts will be posted at www.EvilEditorsOpenings.blogspot.com. They may not technically be openings, but they're the openings to the post that will eventually appear. There's a link to EE's Openings in the sidebar.
3. The excerpt plus continuation will be posted only when a brilliant or at least reasonably funny continuation has been submitted. Which could take weeks. Obviously they aren't posted in the order submitted.
4. When choosing an internal excerpt, keep in mind that commenters haven't read what precedes the excerpt. Try to choose an excerpt in which it's not necessary to know the background of the characters and story.
5. If you have any interest in writing continuations, try to check daily to see if new material has appeared.