Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blog Change


It's been two weeks since I had a query to post, and a month since we had a New beginning. Obviously no aspiring writers need our help. Our job is done.

Having foreseen this happenstance, I now move on to a higher calling by becoming . . . Public Confessor.

I hear confession is good for the soul, so I am setting aside some time to save your soul by posting your confession. This is a non-denominational service.*

Simply submit a written account of a sinful act you committed. I will post your confession here so that other sinners may learn from your mistakes. I'll also include my suggested penance. Best of all, you do all this from the comfort of your home or from Starbucks.

You may submit as a comment, but the confession won't appear in the comments; I'll post it at a later date.


* Public Confessor is approved by all major religions. Confess with confidence.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

This should be good!

How reassuring that there are now no writers whose work needs even the slightest tweak before sending off to a publisher. Your many years of hard work have achieved their desired effect, EE.

Or maybe they've all gone indie, but that's unthinkable so I haven't thought it.

Mister Furkles said...


It appears that all writers are now able to compose perfect queries. This is a wonderful achievement for you, EE. Now every literary agent receives 100 wonderfully well written queries every day. Consequently they each request 100 manuscripts—90% of them horridly written—each day.

All agents, except one, are seriously considering abandoning the career they set for themselves. But what about that one? How does she sort so many badly written manuscripts to find the one that might be worth publication?

She requests all manuscripts be submitted on 24# bond paper in fourteen point Arial font with two inch margins. Once a week she drives her eighteen wheeler, loaded with twenty tons of paper scrap, to the paper mill and nets twenty-five thousand dollars a trip.

CavalierdeNuit said...

I'll start by confessing I've not been on here as often as I should.

Anonymous said...

ooh, nice robes.