First a warning to those who read this blog on an outside feed that shows everything in black and white: The answers to the quiz below appear right after the questions. On the Evil Editor site they are the same color as the background, rendering them invisible, until highlighted with your cursor. If you don't want to see the answers, you'll have to come to Evileditor.blogspot.com.
Second, my apologies if I didn't use any of yours. You weren't alone. The main problems were that descriptions were either so vague no one could guess them, or so specific no one familiar with the works could fail to guess them. Some described works I deemed not familiar to a high enough percentage of readers. The good news is, the fewer of yours I used, the more fun you can have guessing the ones I did use.
Guess the Title
Below are descriptions of numerous well-known films and works of literature. The descriptions were provided by EE's minions (actually, with few exceptions, they were provided by blogless_troll), who have a bad habit of being general when they should be specific, and of failing to see the forest for the trees.
If you can get half of them you're doing well. To help you get started, the first three titles have two clues each, though you may be able to get them from just one.
1a. Fantastical events, epic battles and sex, sex, sex in a 28-book series. (EE)
1b. A multi-generational epic, chronicling the paranormal encounters of a select group of nomadic exiles. (blogless_troll) The Old Testament
2a. Betraying her nation, a woman falls in love with the enemy; becoming homeless, she swears to a life of gluttony. (WitchEmber)
2b. She loves the man she can’t have and doesn’t love the one she’s got . . . or is it the other way around? Anyway, this isn’t a good day to think about it. (Bunnygirl) Gone with the Wind
3a. Not content to possess the stolen goods, a courier and his bodyguards decide they must kill the victim of the theft as well. (Khazar-khum)
3b. An interracial party of escorts figure out and accomplish the most illogical way of transporting their client and his most cherished possession from one place to another. (SzélsőFa) Lord of the Rings
4. Though mutilated bodies have been turning up at the edge of a small town, the police chief leaves to go fishing . . . only to come face to face with the killer. (Dave Kuzminski) Jaws
5. A young boy leaves home for the first time, joins a gang of criminals, and destroys government property. (blogless_troll) Star Wars
6. After an attempt on her life, an heiress shacks up with a group of male laborers. (blogless_troll) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
7. A dysfunctional family escapes their hometown to avoid punishment for their destructiveness, only to repent and ultimately save the city. (Bill Highsmith) The Simpsons Movie
8. When a weapon more powerful than a nuclear bomb falls into the wrong hands, the only person who can save the world is a professor with ophidiophobia. (blogless_troll) Raiders of the Lost Ark
9. Siblings on a simple errand encounter treacherous terrain, resulting in a medical emergency. (blogless_troll) "Jack and Jill"
10. Girl abuses boy, loves boy, mourns boy, abandons boy, hates boy, wounds boy, endangers boy, saves boy, cuckolds boy, marries boy. (WitchEmber) The Princess Bride
11. A criminal adopts socialist principles in order to impress a woman. (blogless_troll) Robin Hood
12. A criminal talks his way out of captivity through the use of a coffee cup, a bulletin board, and his remarkable powers of observation. (EE) The Usual Suspects
13. Two drunken humans and a dog become the most frequent crossword puzzle clues ever by solving a mystery. (Bill Highsmith) The Thin Man
14. A bookish professor gets all worked up upon learning that deities sometimes fuck. (blogless_troll) The Da Vinci Code
15. Hired to arrange a real estate deal, a man discovers that his client has an abnormal drinking problem. (EE) Dracula
16. The fate of an abused woman depends solely upon designer shoes. (blogless_troll) Cinderella
17. A new guy in town tries to make friends by giving them water, showing them carnival tricks, inviting them to church, and eating them before they eat him. (Bill Highsmith) Stranger in a Strange Land
18. After much debate, a frustrated loner caves in to peer pressure, consumes an unusual delicacy, and gains acceptance within the community. (blogless_troll) Green Eggs and Ham