Guess the Plot
1. On the cusp of her 100th birthday, Oya is chosen as the Peace Maker. But what can one woman do against a terrorist with an army of zombies? Shouldn't they have chosen a 17-year-old high school girl for this?
2. Mother and Father are always fighting, yelling mostly, but they also break stuff and slap each other -- until Timmy comes home from law school and negotiates a truce. But how long can it last? And where is that gun Mother buried out back?
3. 1978. Steve Kippler, USAF test pilot, is slated to fly the experimental jet known as the Peace Maker. After his religious awakening, he's not sure if he should fly it, deliberately crash it, to take it to the USSR. Can Abigail "Abe" Saunders stop him before it's too late?
4. This superhero looks like a Roman god -- because he is one! He is Pacifier -- and as soon as he figures out how to work the new phone cam and post his videos everything will be sweet. Unless people believe the dirt his arch nemesis, Strife Galore, the underworld goddess of the trenches, is posting on her site. It's a virtual war!
5. What if it's not a bomb? What if it's seventy-three-year-old Mira Tuck? Everyone, from front line soldiers to teen delinquents, who practices her magical, meditative knitting pattern is overcome by goodwill and love. Who could not love her? Enter Joseph Summers, former defense contractor. Can the Peace Maker's pacemaker keep up?
6. In the nightmare of the future, everyone worships Peace Maker -- or else. When the new boy provokes 16-year-old Kezi'aa to fits of rage, she begins to question the Rule of Peace. But it's all a setup to get her to join the Rebels.
Dear Evil Editor,
Three months shy of young Oya's one-hundredth birthday [Young Oya? Compared to what, the universe?] she has been forced to duel a Goddess, slay a demon, and be banished from her homeland for manslaughter. [Oy.]
If the new year couldn't be worse, she's just been granted the biggest honor (and biggest burden) of all, to become the Peace Maker. [If you make it to a hundred, you're sure to get a few honorary degrees and lifetime achievement awards. It's not an honor or a burden, just society's way of saying, Sorry we forgot you existed for the past sixty years, now hurry up and die so we can forget you ever existed.] A gift with endless blessing. [If the blessing never ends, what happened to the previous Peace Maker?] It would do her and her family a great service to accept such a role, and for Oya becoming more saintly and less dangerous is vital. [In what way is she dangerous?]
Yet she can't do it alone, not in this life. [She could have if they'd hired her when she was thirty. When you're 99 it takes all day just to get your teeth in.] Just as Zalmon Ephraim, the incumbent enemy of Peace, needs his sorceress to bring back the dead, she needs a special kind of aid. She needs those who bear the marks of the Divine on their skin.
[So she heads for this place in Tucson.]
Oya also needs her family, whom [who] were chosen by the Divine to aid her in this dire hour of Zalmon's terrorism. Yet there may be more to this 'gift' than the Divine are willing to admit...
THE KEMDI LEGACY: PEACE MAKER is a 100,000-word epic fantasy/family saga of diverse species, myth, and ancient magic. I have always been fascinated with learning about other cultures and was primarily inspired by our growing problems with the Middle East. [You never know from day to day, but it was my impression that our problems with the Middle East were abating.] I feel understanding of other cultures and beliefs can only benefit others. [What does that mean, and what does it have to do with your book?]
I’d also note that this is the first of a four book series, and the second novel [The Kemdi Legacy: War Monger] is nearly complete. Thank you for your time.
What happens in the book? All we know is someone named Oya has been chosen as Peace Maker and she needs people with divine tats to help her do something. Also there's someone named Zalmon whose sorceress raises the dead, who are then, presumably, known as Zalmon's zombies. We want to know what happens.
What is Peace? Who are the Divine? What form does Zalmon's terrorism take? What is expected of the Peace Maker? The whole query is vague.
What's this about diverse species? Are Oya and Zalmon different species? Who, if anyone, is human? In what way is this anything like the Middle East?