Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Query Surge


Not really, but I did discover that back in 2006 Miss Snark the Literary Agent ran a lottery to determine which of her Snarklings' queries she would post, and ten of the lottery losers sent their queries to Evil Editor. Those queries didn't get the full treatment (Guess the Plot, featured appearance on this blog), so I can use them to get us through this dry spell. I assume few if any of the authors are still reading this blog, but they may be. At least one of the ten books was published.

Of course we'll need fake plots before we can put the new queries to use. The titles are in the queue.

7 comments:

Trisha said...

If you get desperate I have a handful of other queries I could send you ;) I have a contemporary romance, an MG, and a contemporary query.

Anonymous said...

I may have participated in that Snarkian Contest. I'm sure I didn't win though. My first query for Dream War was utter garbage. Thank Dog for sites like hers and yours!!!

Evil Editor said...

We seem to always be desperate lately. You should send any query you have that you want feedback on. I have no doubt that some people have even sent queries for books they've given up on, just for the fun of seeing the fake plots minions come up with for their titles.

McKoala said...

I remember that contest, don't remember if I entered it. I'd better check out the titles, just in case!

D. Lemma said...

Just curious, would queries for works in progress be a no-no on this site? I have a couple of stories that need substantial revision before really going out, but I wouldn't mind testing the waters on several of them with a query here. Reactions would help to clarify the direction in which I should go with the revisions.

Evil Editor said...

You wouldn't be the first to submit a query for a WIP.

Trisha said...

Heh, I consider all my queries to be for WIPs, since I haven't yet finished editing any of my novels, and most of them I haven't even STARTED editing.

I will send you my queries!