Friday, October 17, 2008

Cartoon 237

Caption: R. Watson

Your caption on the next cartoon! Link in sidebar.


writtenwyrdd said...

That's brilliant, Watson. Dubious Holmsian reference intended.

Evil Editor said...

Unchosen captions (All with the goalie's thought balloon, not the spectator's speech):

Last time I date a chick who's this into role play... --wo

It's just metaphorical... It's just metaphorical... --anon.

OK, Kristin Nelson, bring it on... --anon.

When they told me I'd be the editorial goaltender, I didn't tell them I'd played for Brown! --khazar-khum

Get the puck out of here, eh? --Mignon

This new mask is great. Everyone shoots at my head instead of the net.--EE

Evil? You betcha. Hannibal Lecter only got to wear the friggin' mask. --WO

This is the last time I offer to play goalie during the Editors vs. Wannabe game.--writtenwyrdd

I hope this real-life example gets through to the minions.--writtenwyrdd

Getting past me IS like getting past Gretsky. --writtenwyrdd

I hate these Canadian book auctions... --anon.

Damn! The things I have to do to make a rejection stick! --debhoag

freddie said...

This made me laugh.

Khazar-khum said...

Bad Writtenwyrdd! Bad! Gretzky was never a goalie.

You're thinking Patrick Roy.

Robin S. said...

This is so good.

And love that mouthpiece thing. Ewwww.

writtenwyrdd said...

I knew Gretsky wasn't a goalie, but he's practically the only hockey player who's name is guaranteed to be recognizable to anybody.