Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Next Line 3

"Sweetie, I know the last four years have been hell, but are you sure trying to bag a hockey player is the right solution?"

Christina sighed. "Heather, don't you know me? I haven't been trolling for husbands since Reggie died, and I'm not about to start now. It's just lunch. I owe him at least that much."

"But why now? You haven't been remotely interested in dating anyone, much less a hormone-stuffed hockey player. Why this guy?"

With a wan smile, Christina said, "I think it was the way he looked at Mishayla. He looked at her with respect, and she's only six years old. It was as if he saw her future."

Her sister laid a reassuring hand on her cheek. "Whatever you do, just be careful." She stood and headed for the door, but was suddenly slammed into the boards with a ferocious crosscheck. Mr. Wonderful turned to Christina. "Ready to go back to my place for a little highsticking?"


Dialogue: Chumplet.....The Next Line: Pacatrue

1 comment:

Dave Fragments said...

Coed hockey.
Funny, I always envision hockey as blood sport.

Except for the calamari occasionally thrown on the ice.