Saturday, January 13, 2007

Yes, I'm wearing my green vest, what of it?



Having just gotten wind of the Preditors and Editors reader poll, I looked in on the voting and discovered that Evil Editor is, so far, not even among the top ten writer's resources. Further investigation revealed that many of those in front of EE have placed the url of the ballot (http://www.critters.org/predpoll/writerinfo.shtml) on their site, in effect stooping to campaigning for this recognition. Unbelievable. Does every award in the arts have to go the way of the Oscars, becoming a crass publicity contest decided by money and connections? Remember, that's http://www.critters.org/predpoll/writerinfo.shtml. Voting ends Sunday.

10 comments:

GutterBall said...

So very subtle. I nearly missed it. Really!

Anonymous said...

They're just like Gather. Oh my dear Lord, Gather has changed the face of publishing! Quick! Get the pitchforks and torches!

Anonymous said...

EE,

I heard that voting is open until the end of January (although originally slated to end midway through). You might want to double check that.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

*I* voted for you two days ago, EE.

Bernita said...

There, there, E,E.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, EE.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's not just the vest that's green right now, EE...

Anonymous said...

I'm opening bogus e-mail accounts and voting as fast as I can.

Send for help!

j.c.

Anonymous said...

"Does every award in the arts have to go the way of the Oscars, becoming a crass publicity contest decided by money and connections?"

Yes.

Anonymous said...

I deeply apologize, but I already voted for the place that introduced me to you, and The MS, and P&E, and Writer Beware...

but I bought Novel Deviations. May I remain an evil minion?