Why you don't get published.
Friday, February 08, 2013
Query Writing Exercise
The queries aren't exactly rolling in, so it's time for some queries for books that don't exist.
1. Go to
and generate one number from 1 to 1102.
2. Search this blog for the Face-Lift with that number.
3. Choose one of the fake plots. Don't use the real plot, but do use the real title.
4. Pretend you wrote that book, and write a query letter that's sure to entice an agent.
5. Send it as a comment to this post.
6. Notice how much easier it is to write a query for a fake book.
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)