Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Success Story

 
Suzanne van Rooyen reports:
 
Just wanted to let you know that around this time last you critted my query for my novel then titled Angels in Atlantis: http://evileditor.blogspot.fi/2011/08/face-lift-940.html Based on the issues raised in my query and the constructive comments of EE and readers, I revamped the entire book. The new, improved ms went on to become a semi-finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award 2012 and in August, I signed with New York agent Jordy Albert. Just wanted to say thank you for lending a hand in my writing career. I always send aspiring query writers to Evil Editor for a reality check and some good advice before sending their material out into the world.

Thanks again!

Suzanne
 

8 comments:

Dave Fragments said...

excellent news, congratulations.

Suzanne said...

Thank you! :)

Chicory said...

congratulations! That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Suzanne! Hope this is the beginning of a great career.

Question: A friend of mine was also a semi-finalist. Did you mention the amazon contest in your query, or no? I think it would be a good idea for my friend to do so, but just wondered how you played it.

AlaskaRavenclaw said...

Congrats, Suzanne!

See, EE, there's yr problem: nobody's writing queries anymore 'cause everybody's got an agent now.

Suzanne said...

Thank you all!

Yes I did mention that I was a semi-finalist and it got me some immediate responses and requests for fulls. I think it's worth mentioning but probably isn't the selling point.

Jo-Ann S said...

well done. That must be very exciting for you

150 said...

Ooh, congratulations!