Sunday, January 03, 2010

Success Story


Dear Evil Editor,

I wanted to begin 2010 by offering my sincere thanks for your advice. I submitted my query letter to you in April of 2007 (Face-Lift 320). As a result of your suggestions (and those made by your minions) I received offers of representation from three agents. I have now sold four young adult novels! The first book, Tagged, will be published on March 1, 2010 by Harlequin Teen. The second, Past Midnight, will be published on September 1, 2010, and books three and four will be released in 2011.

When I began the writing process, I needed all the help I could get. Reading your blog was an invaluable tool for me. Thank you for your time, your advice and your wit.

Best,

Mara Purnhagen

15 comments:

Phoenix Sullivan said...

Hooray, Mara!

Now that's the way to dominate the spring and fall lists :o)

Marie Simas said...

That's fucking awesome. Seriously.

I love success stories.

The Evil Editor is like a four-leaf-clover. Make a wish on his blog and it will come true.

Hey--how about posting some lotto numbers?

_*rachel*_ said...

Bravo! Always nice to hear of success.

Dave Fragments said...

Congratulations and best wishes on future novels.

thepopeofbeers said...

Congratulations, Mara!

Stacy said...

Congratulations, Mara!!

Ruth (Book Focus) said...

Congratulations Mara! :)

Sylvia said...

Congrats! That's great!

Robin B. said...

This is wonderful, Mara! Excellent news!!

150 said...

Lovely! Congratulations!

Mara Purnhagen said...

Thank you, everyone! If I knew EE's true identity, I would buy him a drink (or two or three) the next time I'm in New York.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Happy new year, indeed!

Mucho congrats!

Anonymous said...

Very excited for you! March 1 will be here in no time!

Jeb said...

Hurray! Great news. Savour every moment of your first release!

Matt said...

Congratulations on a job well done!